Process for Indian citizens applying for a visa to study in the U.S. is straightforward.
Talk to our experts at Alpine for the current education scenario. Expert guidance on universities, courses, admissions, visas and scholarships. Get Free Counselling and clear details from our Award Winning Team.
Students those are planning to pursue degrees in full-time academic programs for Bachelor's, Master's or doctoral programs in the U.S.A must obtain a student visa. There are no rules or restrictions requiring a minimum bank balance to apply for a student visa for the USA from India.
USA continues to be the best and top choice for students planning pursue their study abroad through best universities, colleges and schools. Being dreamt and aspired and have already got admission into your dream university in America, applying for Student Visa is the next important step to realizing your Study in USA dream.
USA Study Visa types:
- F1 - Student Visa
Students those are applying for a program that requires more than 18 hours of study in a week require an F1 visa. This includes all undergraduate(UG) programs as well as graduate(PG) programs like MBA, MS, and more. Spouses or children accompanying F-1 visa recipients will travel on an F-2 visa. Spouses are not allowed to work, but may accompany and apply for their individual visa for work or study.
- J1 - Exchange Visitor Visa
For students, visiting scholars pursuing an exchange program, the US J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa is the best choice. A working professional who travels to America on an exchange program, J-1 visa is the option, and thus its termed as Exchange Visitor Visa. Spouses and children accompanying J-1 Visa holders need to travel US on a J-2 Visa and under this J2, Visa spouses are able to work when permission is obtained in advance.
- M1 - Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa
A visa type of student visa which is reserved for vocational and technical schools, and these are time bound visa's for the stay towards the particular educational or vocational courses.The process for applying to the F-1 visa and M-1 is almost similar, the difference is that on entering, the M1 visas are duration based stamped and students can not overstay their visit.
- Working while bing on Student Visa in USA
- Students cannot accept off-campus employment, while studying the first year. They are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week and they may work up to 40 hours per week, during holidays. Students can opt to work for a commercial firm that provides or exchanges services to the college or university, such as a bookstore or cafeteria.
- Optional practical training (OPT)
- F1 visa holders are eligible for up to 12 months of optional practical training(OPT) after their graduation completion and you can work for a year after you finish your studies. It is a temporary employment permission giving students the opportunity to obtain practical experience in their field of study, during which you will be required to apply for a work visa, if you have to continue working in the US.
- Best features of studying in USA
- Top ranking Colleges, Schools and Universities with higher standards
- Specialization in any desire areas of focus with flexible education system with large choice of courses
- Wide choice of higher educational institutions, may it be schools, collges or universities, with best quality of education that is recognized globally
- Special research programs with the best resources with cutting edge technologies and excellent research opportunities in more than 3000+ Institutions offering UG, PG, Master’s and Doctorate degrees
- Latest technologies and advancement in technical fields, and a wide spectrum of fees, accommodation & financial help from the institutions in the form of scholarships and fee waivers
- Earn while you learn through 20 hrs per week during course tern, and 40 hrs per week during vacations and holidays.
Alpine Visas is partnered with major educational institutions in USA, that helps you to find wide options to choose. We'll guide you through the entire process from application preparation, choosing the right institute and better process to fulfill. We make you aware of every step and keep informed of complete requirements and updated conditions by australian government and all related departments.